|“||Well, you see... It's my secret charm. It's full of scented beads. See, caramel flavor is special. It protects you from accidents and shields you from danger. That's why I want you to have it! I don't want... anything to happen to my big brother...||”|
—Yuka Mochida, Corpse Party (CHAPTER 3)
Yuka is the younger sister of Satoshi Mochida.
During Heavenly Host Elementary School saga, she is a student from Kisaragi Academy Junior High's Classroom 2-3.
In CORPSE PARTY -Rebuilt-, she has purple eyes and short black hair, wearing a simple pink headband. She wears a blue dress with a white collar, tied with a light pink ribbon, and white cuffs. It is tied around the waist with a yellow ribbon. Her shoes are light red, and she wears crew length white socks.
In Corpse Party, Yuka is a young teenage girl. Her height and weight are below average, making her look much younger than she really is. She has light blue eyes and medium short brown hair (with a visible hue of purple). She also wears a simple pink headband, which her mother gave her. Just like the other female students of Kisaragi Academy Junior High, Yuka wears a blue dress (also known as a smock) with a white collar and a small pink bow on it, white mid-calf socks and yellow uwabaki slippers.
In the live action movie, Yuka is noticeably taller, and her hair is darker.
Despite being a teenager, Yuka acts in a much younger manner than her age due to her being more pampered by her parents than her brother. She tries to act like an adult in order to be taken more seriously by her peers, but her constant failures at doing so cause her to come across as even more immature. Her naivety makes her childlike innocence more apparent than the others trapped in Heavenly Host Elementary School, but it also makes her susceptible to being manipulated by the school's more ill-intentioned residents (humans and ghosts alike). It also makes her more psychologically vulnerable to the horrors of the school, causing her to easily break down at the sight of blood, violence, and death.
Because she is spoiled, she depends on those older and more mature than she is to make decisions for her. However, her experiences throughout Heavenly Host force her to act more on her own decisions.
- Yuka is in love with her brother, Satoshi. She shows signs of this and even fully admits this in an alternate ending of CHAPTER 5 of Corpse Party.
- If brought to the lavatories in the abandoned bomb shelter during CHAPTER 5 of Corpse Party, if Satoshi enters, he will hear a scream coming from Yuka. He asks what's going on, but Yuka calms him down, stating that blood was pouring out of the toilet, and she was scared that it wouldn't stop coming out. This is a reference to the original CORPSE-PARTY (PC-98) where Yuka risks dying in the girls' lavatory, drowning in blood gushing out from the toilet.
- In the Corpse Party: Book of Shadows Character Contest, Yuka ranked 5th place.
- In Corpse Party: Book of Shadows Kizami catches Yuka and we see her story from that point. At the end of the chapter she dies the same way she died in Corpse Party: Blood Covered Wrong END 2 ★4, possibly telling the player that the rest of the group will end up dying in the same way they did in the wrong end.
- In Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, before Yuka succumbs to the darkening while she is with Sachiko, she gave her three items of hers, her socks, her shoes, then either her hairpin or going into the Body Pool room with her. This is due to lore that when you give a spirit or ghost three of your possessions, they will either kill you or possess you, in this case kill.
- Despite the significance of their relationship, Yuka and Yuuya do not interact in any way with each other in Corpse Party: Blood Drive, nor are there any references to their past encounters, making it the only game where the two both appear, yet have nothing to do with each other.