Corpse Party: BloodDrive (コープスパーティー ブラッドドライブ Kōpusu Pātī BuraddoDoraibu ) is the yet to be released sequel to the survival horror adventure game, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, and the final chapter of the Heavenly Host Elementary School saga. It was revealed at the end of the eight and final episode, prologue; 『BloodDrive』, in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows. It is known under the abbreviation BD in Japan.
The release date is set for July 24th, 2014 for the PlayStation Vita.
While this game is being made at the same time as Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient, it is not to be confused as being the same game.
Two months after the tragic events of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Ayumi Shinozaki had paid the price for her use of black magic and been afflicted with a serious illness. However, she managed to somehow survive with the help of Naomi Nakashima. The grim grimoire, known as the Book of Shadows, now has laid waste to the Shinozaki estate and both the estate and tome vanished, leaving only a plot of land where it once stood.
Before she was hospitalized, one woman had appeared before Ayumi. This woman was Ayumi's older sister, Hinoe Shinozaki, who belongs to the W.I., the Wiccan Institute, an organization that worshiped spirits. There she listened to Hinoe's words…
"Regain the dark tome known as the Book of Shadows. For generations, the Shinozaki family protected that forbidden book and made it taboo to take it off the premises. In the wrong hands, this book will sink the world into the abyss and throw us all into the brink of chaos."
Ayumi's trail now leads into the once residence of Makina Shinozaki. She decided that it would be best to trust Hinoe's natural ability to sense calamity.
After being discharged from the hospital, Ayumi returned to Kisaragi Academy where Satoshi Mochida and friends gave her a warm welcome. However, the absence of Mayu Suzumoto and Ms. Yui were a constant reminder of their inevitable reality. Now a new, unfamiliar teacher's assistant supervises her homeroom. Then later, on her way home, a man approached Ayumi and told her, "If you reclaim the Book of Shadows and use it at Heavenly Host, those who have died there will be revived." The suspicious man's last words especially stuck in Ayumi's mind, "Those who have died there will be revived." Hinoe's and this strange man's words made Ayumi pledge that she will once more take back the Book of Shadows.
The following day, Ayumi went to visit the estate where Makina Shinozaki resided. However, it was run-down and looked to have been closed for a long time; "NO TRESPASSING" tape was strewn up everywhere, blocking entry.
She stared intently at the estate with fierce determination. ...She couldn't afford to let Satoshi and the others be involved this time.
For Ayumi, it was the responsibility of Shinozaki's bloodline. The lone struggle and legacy of her lineage.
- Ayumi Shinozaki: The main protagonist of the game who tasks herself with attempting to revive her friends who died in Heavenly Host Elementary School.
- Naomi Nakashima: Ayumi's classmate and friend.
- Satoshi Mochida: Ayumi's classmate who once again ends up trapped within Heavenly Host Elementary School.
- Yoshiki Kishinuma: Ayumi's classmate.
- Mayu Suzumoto: One of Ayumi's friends whose spirit is trapped within Heavenly Host Elementary School, she continues to suffer.
- Magali Mizuki: A transfer student to Paulownia Academy High School. A member of a black magic cult who seems to be deeply involved with the Book of Shadows.
- Kuon Niwa: The assistant teacher of Ayumi's class. She speaks with a calm tone and cares for her students, but there seems to be something mysterious about her.
- Misuto Kiriya: The mysterious young man who suddenly appears in front of Ayumi and tells her that she can bring her friends back to life if she retrieves the Book of Shadows.